First Communion Party
A party is a great way to involve friends and family in the First Communion celebration. Whether you're steering clear of gatherings because COVID is stinky, or when family can't travel, this can be a bit of a challenge, so why not bring a bit of technology magic to her special day?
- Schedule a Zoom or Facetime chat every hour with a special friend or family member to pray together.
- Have all of the special people in her life email or snail mail her a prayer that they will say for her each year on her Communion anniversary.
- Jump on the phone with special friends to remind her that she is never alone as a part of God's family.
- Have local friends + family write their favorite Bible verses on the windows of their car and drive by your house, honking in celebration.
Some families may choose to hold parties together with other members of the communion class, while others prefer a smaller party with family members and close family friends (such as Godparents). Either way, a party is a great way to celebrate this event and emphasize its importance to the Communion girl.
First Communion Portraits
Special First Communion Card Message
First Communion Gifts
A gift can be a great way to help daughter, granddaughter, or Goddaughter cherish the First Communion for years to come.
Classic traditional First Holy Communion gifts include:
- Prayer book
- Her first special rosary (Little Girl's Pearls best seller for First Communion gifts)
If you choose a Bible or a special book, having it personalized with her name makes it extra-special. I still have my first Bible. It's worn and tattered, and my gilded name is faint after all of these years, but it's special-ness hasn't faded.
For girls, a piece of meaningful keepsake First Communion jewelry, such as a cross necklace, is also a timeless keepsake that will be treasured as she grows and can be passed down to her daughter. The best First Communion gifts help to remind her that she is a special part of God's family.
Want more ideas? Check out our First Communion Traditions board over on Pinterest for great ideas on how to make her First Communion celebration extra special!